4-H Ambassador Application - DUE DECEMBER 1, 2016
There are two vacancies to be filled
for the 2017 Ambassador year.
Applications should be filled out completely with full, thoughtful answers to the questions and returned to the Extension Office no later than 5:00p.m. December 1, 2016.
4-H Ambassadors are 4-H members who fit the following qualifications:
- In the ninth grade or above
- Have completed two or more years of 4-H
- Agree to give two presentations on 4-H each year
2015-16 Midway District Ambassadors
- Kara Hays
- Cameron Kilian
- Katherine Krauss
- Braden Mai
- Lauren Myers
- Brooks Nichols
- Caden Pfeifer
What is an Ambassador?
4-H Ambassadors should be looked to as the “Face of 4-H” for the local program. Their role is to tell the 4-H Story through media, personal appearances, and other avenues. Some of the responsibilities of a 4-H ambassador include:
- Public Relations for 4-H
- Promote 4-H to all Audiences
- Work with 4-H Agent and 4-H PDC to promote and assist at events
- Further their own communications skills
- Organize promotional events and activities (may be in conjunction with Jr. Leader teams)
- Network with non-4-H groups (Kiwanis, Rotary, other community organizations)
- Attend trainings as offered (Feb. 19-20 @ Rock Springs Ranch)
There will be a maximum of 8 Ambassadors selected. Ambassadors are selected for a 2 year term!