Midway District has nearly 250,000 acres harvested each year. This results in grain sales measuring almost $66 million per year. The land in the Midway District is diversified. We grow wheat, grain sorghum, soybeans, corn, grass hay, alfalfa, and sunflowers.
While farming is admirable as a way of life, it is also a business. Therefore, our research-based programs promote:
- effective production practices
- competitive pricing
- business management skills
- environmentally sound production practices
- alternative agriculture businesses
- youth education about food and fiber sources
Our office provides information on soil testing and analysis, variety selection, demonstration plots, drought issues, and cropping systems.