2017 Kansas 4-H State Wheat Expo
Clothing & Textiles
Citizenship Washington Focus
- When: June 15-26, 2017
- Where: Road trip across the USA stopping to see the Gettysburg, the Liberty Bell, Philadelphia, Yorktown, Jamestown and other amazing sites along the way! Visit Capital Hill, government departments, historic sites and memorials.
- Who: Delegates must be responsible and mature young people,
15-18 years of age by January 1, 2017.
-Chaperones must be 21 years of age and older and
-There will be at least one adult chaperone for every 15
- Application Procedure: There are 50 spaces available for this trip. Applications and cover letters must be submitted online.
- Costs: $1,850 includes transportation, lodging in motels, tours en route, lodging and meals at the Nations 4-H Center and the CWF program fee. Delegates should plan on an additional $175 for meals on the road and any other personal spending. A $250 non-refundable deposit is due by January 15th. Final payment is due April 15th.
- Additional Information: http://www.kansas4-h.org/events-activities/national-regional-events/citizenship-washington-focus/index.html
- Informational Flyer
State 4-H Horticulture Judging Contest
- When: August 19, 2017
- Where: Kansas State University
- Who: 4-H members 9-18 years of age before January 1, 2
- Registration Deadline: August 15, 2017 or local office deadline, whichever is earlier
- Additional Information
Judging Clinics, Contests & Camps
2017 4-H FCS State Judging Contest
- When: Saturday, September 16, 2017
- Where: Encampment Building at the Kansas State Fair
- Who: Each local unit may enter one team of 2 youth, per age division
- Age Divisions: Intermediate (9-13) & Senior (14-19)
- Registration Fee: $15 per team
- Pre-Entry Deadline: August 15, 2017 ***if interested in competing, contact Michelle Beran at 785-483-3157
- Contest Theme: Nutrition
Kansas State Fair 2017 Summer Reading Challenge
The Kansas State Fair is excited to announce their summer reading program for 2017! The program starts May 15th and runs to August 15th. We want to encourage students to read over the summer and learn more about Kansas Agriculture. Students read 8 qualifying books and then email or mail their completed journal to the Fair. Click here for the Reading Journal and qualifying books.
For additional information, please see the attachment or contact Anthea Bryant, Education Director for the Kansas State Fair at 620.669.3607.