Kansas Arbor Day Poster Contest "Kansas Trees are Terrific ... and Energy Wise!"
- Open to ALL 5th graders
- Entry Deadline: February 2, 2018
- Additional Information
- 2017-18 Kansas Arbor Day Poster Contest Lesson Plan
- To find out how you or your class can participate, Contact Kim Bomberger,
NC/NE District Community Forester and
Kansas Arbor Day Poster Contest Coordinator
2018 Kansas 4-H Ambassadors Training
- What: There will be six exciting workshops and a keynote speaker. We'll have three new workshops for all county/district advisors and Extension staff.
- When: February 23-24, 2018
- Where: Rock Springs 4-H Center near Junction City, KS
- Who: All county/district 4-H Ambassadors, Ambassador Advisors, Chaperones and KSRE Staff. Youth must be in the 8th - 12th grades to attend. Local Extension Offices may not be able to provide chaperones and/or transportation to this training. Check with your local Extension Office before registering.
- Registration: Will be around December 15, 2017
- Registration Fee: Registration includes breakfast, lunch, lodging, two breaks, workshops and speakers
- Registration Deadline: February 8, 2018, 11:59 p.m., using the CVent registration system. There will be a $25 cancellation fee from the the time of registration through February 8, 2018. No refunds will be given beginning February 9, 2018.
- 2018 Ambassador Training Downloadable Files will be posted by December 15, 2017 and will be available at http://www.kansas4-h.org/events-activities/conferences-events/ambassador-training/index.html.
Junior Beef Producer Day
- When: March 24, 2018
Registration and additional information to be released December 2017.
Clothing & Textiles
Citizenship in Action
Would you like to have more influence in laws and rules that affect your life? Then you’ll want to go to Kansas 4-H Citizenship in Action! This two day event is sponsored by the State 4-H Youth Leadership Council. The purpose of the event is for Kansas youth to learn how the state legislative process works and how their voice and participation in decision-making can make a difference in their local communities. The legislative visit will not only familiarize youth with the capitol building, but will also show them how they can affect the legislative process.
- When: February 18-19, 2018
- Where: Topeka, KS
- Who: Youth 13-18 years old by January 1 of the current year
- Registration: Click Here
- Registration Fee: $170
- Registration Deadline: January 15, 2018
This year we have the opportunity to offer $100 scholarships for youth who are interested in attending Citizenship In Action. These scholarships are available through a generous donation from Capitol Federal. The scholarship form and online scholarship application can be found on the web by going to http://www.kansas4-h.org/events-activities/conferences-events/citizenship-in-action/index.html.
We are asking that all scholarships be submitted through the qualitrics link that is on our website, or by going to https://kstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8e5EL6WttD0K6gZ
4-H Citizenship Washington Focus
- When: June 14-June 24, 2018
- Cost: $1850
- Registration Deadline: January 15, 2018 along with $250 deposit
- Additional Information & Registration
OH BEHAVE! Why Animals Do What They Do
2018 4-H Horse Panorama
- When: January 26-28, 2018
- Where: Rock Springs 4-H Center
- Additional Details & Registration
Judging Clinics, Contests & Camps
Kansas Youth Leadership Forum
Junior Sheep Producer Day
- When: March 17, 2018
Registration and additional information will be released December 2017.