4-H Day with K-State Women's Basketball
JAM the GYM
Clothing & Textiles
- What: Would you like to have more influence in laws and rules that affect your life? Then you’ll want to go to Kansas 4-H Citizenship in Action! This two day event is sponsored by the State 4-H Youth Leadership Council. The purpose of the event is for Kansas youth to learn how the state legislative process works and how their voice and participation in decision-making can make a difference in their local communities. The legislative visit will not only familiarize youth with the capitol building, but will also show them how they can affect the legislative process.
- When: February 17-18, 2019
- Where: Topeka, KS
- Who: Youth 13-18 years old by January 1 of the current year
- Registration: Click here for registration
- Registration Fee: $175
- Registration Deadline: February 1, 2019
Citizenship Washington Focus
- What: Road trip across the USA stopping to see Philadelphia, Gettysburg, the Liberty Bell and more! Meet, learn, share and tour with youth from other states and respected resource people.Walk among places that have made history and places that are making news today.Visit Capitol Hill, government departments, historic sites, and memorials.Get a close-up view of political process through visits to Capitol Hill.Meet with the Kansas Congressional and Senate delegations to discuss legislative issues.Participate in workshops and assembly groups to learn life skills and discuss possible solutions to domestic and international problems.Interact with 4-H members from other states, learning and sharing about 4-H and other interests and issues. This trip has filled up quickly in the last few years, make sure that you do not delay in signing up to attend!
- When: June 13-24, 2019
- Where: Washington D.C.
- Who: Youth 15-18 years old by January 1 of the current year
- Registration: Click Here to Register
- Registration Fee: $1,850
- Registration Deadline: January 15 or Until 50 Spaces are Filled
- Additional Information Available at http://www.kansas4-h.org/events-activities/national-regional-events/citizenship-washington-focus/index.html
2019 Kansas 4-H Dog Judges’ Certification and Training Registration Open
- The Kansas 4-H Dog Judges’ Certification and Training will be January 25-27, 2019, in South Hutchinson, Kansas, at the Hutchinson Kennel Club. Beginning the training on Friday evening has allowed participants in one weekend to learn about the four dog phases of showmanship, obedience, agility and rally obedience of the Kansas 4-H Dog Care and Training Project. Those attending (16 and older) to become judges or to re-certify as judges, experience judging classes to practice the skills necessary to effectively judge local 4-H dog shows. This is also a good opportunity for local dog project leaders and older 4-H members to observe the training to learn new knowledge and to better understand how they will be judged at invitational and the Kansas State Fair 4-H Dog Show. Participants may attend the judges’ certification and judges training without being certified to judge.
- For more details, visit: http://www.kansas4-h.org/events-activities/volunteer-trainings/dog-leader/index.html.
- To register, visit: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe82L5AN2Z0as3Etk4K7yWifpOt11j-E7xTZjJKEivsZM9HNA/viewform.
- For more information, contact Deryl Waldren,email@example.com; or call 785-462-6281.
The National Festival of Breads: America's Bread Baking Championship for Home Bakes & Food Bloggers (18 years of age & older) is now open for entries!!!
Entry Deadline is January 1, 2019.
Official Rules & Online Entry available at http://nationalfestivalofbreads.com/
Limited quantities of the Kansas Wheat Commission 2018 Recipe Book are available at both Extension Offices.
Time to get baking!!!
Judging Clinics, Contests & Camps
- When: August 24-25, 2019
- Additional details available in June 2019