Environmental issues apply to everyone. Whether referring to water and air quality or soil and water conservation, the concern is not only ours, but also future generations. K-State Research and Extension is committed to doing its part to protect the Kansas environment.
Water Quality / Water Conservation
- Efficient Crop Water Use in Kansas
- Water Quality Best Management Practices, Effectiveness, and Cost for Reducing Contaminate Losses from Cropland
- Grassland Water Quality
- Kansas Water Office
- Safe Drinking Water
- Keep the Tap Flowing: How Should Kansans Manage a Declining Water Resource
- Identification & Management of Blue-green Algae in Farm Ponds
- Agency Authority & Responsibilities for Water in Kansas
- The Kansas Water Budget and Water Footprint
The Extension Offices will continue to collect batteries for recycling through the end of 2015. Feel free to drop your batteries off during business hours. We do ask that if you have any 9 Volt batteries, please tape the terminals to prevent any fire hazards.
- Recycling Tips A to Z
- Grass Clippings Recycling
- Managing Production Waste: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle & Compost