Favorite Foods Show
The Favorite Foods Show is generally held on the fourth Sunday of January.
2022 Favorite Foods Show - January 30, 2022
2:00 p.m. at the Russell County 4-H Building
It is a FUN, educational experience about the 4-H member's favorite food. The 4-H member should concentrate of the following:
- nutritional value of their favorite food
- nutritional balanced menu
- suitable for the occasion selected
- table setting - appropriate for your favorite food
- knowledge and understanding of food preparation
This is a consultation Based judging, so knowledge is key!!!
Categories to Participate In:
- Appetizer / Starter / Snack
- Main Dish
- Side Dish
All you have to do is select your favorite food item, place it in a category, build a meal menu that would include your favorite item, and set the table appropriately for one!
What you need to bring:
- Your Favorite Food
- Copy of the Recipe to be displayed
- Menu designed by the 4-H member that your favorite food is being served with
- Card Table, Table Cloth, and any Center Pieces you wish to use
- Table setting for one and any utensils needed to serve your Favorite Food
Recipes are required to be turned into the Extension Office, as your entry and also to go into the "Favorite Foods Show Recipe Book".
2019 Favorite Foods Show