What can a livestock agent do for you?
- Provide Electronic ID (eID) tag support & summaries
- Provide Body Conditioning Scores (BCS) & summaries
- Provide pasture assessments
- Plant identification
- Women in Ag programs
- Reproductive efficiency
- Livestock water testing
- Build relationships with local citizens & industry professionals
- Plan & implement livestock oriented programming
- Answer land lease & rental rate questions
- Help producers build rations based on available resources
- Represent K-State Research and Extension and Midway District in the public
Do you have a diversified crop & livestock operation & use both businesses to benefit each other?
We can provide rations based on available feedstuffs for all classes of cattle.
Do you have a plant you don't know what it is or how to kill it?
You can bring a sample of the plant to our office for identification & options.
Are you considering an agritourism business?
We can provide information on rules, laws, & guidelines for doing so.
Are you a producer who wants a fresh set of eyes to evaluate your operation & see what you can do with your cattle genetics, pasture management & other ideas?
We can do a pasture assessment & provide options.
Are you looking for alternative grazing options or pasture management options?
We can supply you with assessments & information to improve your current grazing situation.
Do you have questions about what should be in a pasture rental agreement?
We can help you with lease & rental info.
No matter what livestock questions you have,
the Midway Extension Office is available to help you!!!
Looking for Something???
Here's What's in the Livestock Section:
- Upcoming Livestock Events
- Ag Lease Law
- eID Technology
- Health & Regulations
- Pasture & Range
- Youth Livestock