The Midway District Offices will be CLOSED
on Monday, January 21st
for the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday.
We will re-open on Tuesday at 8:00am.
Welcome to Midway District #15!
Providing education you can trust to help people, businesses, and communities solve problems, develop skills, and build a better future.
All of us lead busy lives and have many questions. Finding the right answers can be hard. Misinformation is out there and accessible at our fingertips. But, you already have a resource for those answers - K-State Research and Extension.
So, what is Extension? We are Kansas State University in your local community. For more than 150 years, K-State Research and Extension has fulfilled the mission upon which land-grant universities were founded: Educating people.
Our mission continues by providing you practical, research-based information through quality educational programs.
Agronomy and Horticulture
Information and education for the agricultural community to grow the economic base of Kansas agriculture.
- Soil testing for crops and gardens
- Crop variety test plots
- Fertilizer recommendations
- Insect and plant identification
- Plant and tree disease diagnosis
- Private pesticide applicator certification
- Cover crops
Empowering communities to shape their own futures through research, education, and community engagement.
- Kansas PRIDE program
- Board leadership workshops
- Volunteer development
Family and Consumer Sciences
Information and education throughout the lifetime to build strong relationships, families, and communities.
- Nutrition education
- Food preservation (canning, freezing, drying)
- Cooking workshops
- Medicare counseling
- Health insurance education
- Family budgeting
- Emergency preparedness
4-H and Youth Development
Empowering youth to reach their full potential by working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
- Community clubs
- School enrichment
- SPIN (SPecial INterest) clubs
- Summer and day camps
- County and state fair
Information and education for the livestock community to grow the economic base of Kansas livestock.
- Forage and livestock water testing
- Body condition scoring and summaries
- Pasture assessments
- Electronic ID (eID) tag support
- Land lease and rental rate
- Feedstuff ration development