1. K-State home
  2. »Research and Extension
  3. »Midway District
  4. »4-H Youth Development
  5. »Resources

Midway District


In this section, you will find information, forms, and links for what in need in 4-H.  If something is missing, please let us know. 


Achievement Pins

4-H Membership Pin (Plan 1)

Bronze Pin (Plan 2)

Clover Pin (Plan 3)

Emerald Pin (Plan 4)

Silver Pin (Plan 5)

Silver Guard Pin (Plan 6)

Leadership Pin (Plan 7)

Gold Pin (Plan 8)

Gold Guard Pin (Plan 9)



Other Awards & Recognition

The Key Award

The Kansas Key Award is one of the highest honors awarded to 4-H members across Kansas. As a 4-H award, the applicant needs to highlight 4-H related events, activities and achievements accomplished within the 4-H club, county/district, region or state.

Club Seal Application

A seal is awarded to a 4-H Club each participation year requirements for a seal are met. The seals, ranked in ascending order of difficulty, are: white, red, blue, and purple. Your 4-H Club may try for any seal without regard to the seals previously received. If a club does not meet all club requirements then a participation seal is awarded for that year.

 Rookie of the Year

Submit the below document to our office to be considered for our “Rookie of the Year” award.  The forms will be judged by a review committee and the award will be presented to the winner at this year’s Achievement Banquet (details on that will come in a later email). Due in September


Record Keeping

What is included in a Record Book?

The basic Record Keeping Book includes (in this order):

  • 4-H Personal Page
  • 4-H Story
  • Permanent Record
  • Photographs (optional)

Your Record Book can be in a 4-H Record Book Cover (available at the Extension Office for $3.25 each) or in a folder/notebook.
The Record Book is separate from the Project Record.  The Record Book is REQUIRED to receive your Achievement Pin.

Important Record Book Update
Record Book Forms:
Project Record Forms:
Cloverbud Record Book
Junior Record Book Score Sheet
Project Report Evaluation Form



Scholarships are gifts. They don't need to be repaid. There are thousands of them, offered by schools, employers, individuals, private companies, nonprofits, communities, religious groups, and professional and social organizations.

You can learn about scholarships in several ways, including contacting the financial aid office at the school you plan to attend and checking information in a public library or online. But be careful. Make sure scholarship information and offers you receive are legitimate, and remember that you don't have to pay to find scholarships or other financial aid. 

Scholarships cover a variety of student needs, including high school seniors heading to traditional four-year universities, community colleges or technical schools.  Scholarships are also available for students graduating from 2-year programs and transferring to 4-year schools.

Area Scholarships:

State/National Scholarships:

  • Dane G. Hansen Foundation
    • Awards approximately 280 new scholarships every year. Since its inception, the Foundation has awarded approximately $22 million to more than 6,000 students from NW Kansas.
  • Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship
    • Eligibility:
      • US Citizen (permanent legal resident status doesn't qualify)
      • Current high school senior or the equivalent (cannot be a recent graduate)
      • Need to have a relative that's a member of Elks
  • Kansas Masonic Foundation Scholarship
    • KMF scholarships provide millions of dollars in support of Kansas students. Since 1970, the KMF has provided scholarships to university-bound students throughout the state, with nearly $4 million distributed so far.


You can also try these free sources of information about scholarships:

  • College or career school financial aid officer
  • High school or TRIO counselor
  • Employer or your parents’ employers
  • Ethnicity-based organizations
  • Federal agencies
  • Foundations, religious or community organizations, local businesses, or civic groups
  • Library reference section
  • Organizations (including professional associations) related to your field of interest
  • State grant agency
  • U.S. Department of Labor’s FREE scholarship search tool

Additional information is available at:


Karrie Van Winkle

4-H Youth Development Agent
309 S Fossil
Russell, KS 67665


Kansas 4-H and Foster Care Resource Family Project and Camp Grant Programs